While watching old reruns of the TV show The Millionaire Matchmaker, celebrity matchmaker Patti Stanger looked at a man and said he was good in bed. She knew, she said, because she saw the color purple in his energy and purple meant you were a good lover. After watching the show, I immediately pulled out my books on intuition, chakras, and auras to see where I had missed learning about the ‘good in bed’ colors!
Patti’s show reminded me that colors are very important tools in using and understanding intuition. Everything has a vibration, our thoughts, emotions, and intentions. Even our physical bodies vibrate. Color can help us ‘see’ and understand these vibrations and give us intuitive information about ourselves, other people, and situations. For example, when I see the color black in a person’s vibration, I know that they have taken on a large amount of responsibility and are more than likely stressed out. If I see specks of gray and black around a person's throat area, I know that the person is lying.
When I write about seeing colors in someone’s vibration, most of the time I feel the color versus seeing it. In fact, even when I do see colors in a person’s vibration, the color appears as an image in my thoughts as opposed to something I see with my eyes. Most people can tune into the colors in a person’s vibration the same way. They may also get an impression in their thoughts or 'just know' what a color is as they tune in.
In addition to giving more information about a person or situation, color can also be used to download healing vibrations. When I work with clients who struggle with self esteem and self worth I often get an impression of Spirit downloading the color pink into the client's energy field. Pink brings about greater self love and gentleness. When I see this, many clients remark that they feel more peaceful within themselves.
Over the years I have found that the meanings of colors mean different things to different people. When you receive an impression of a color, you will simultaneously receive an impression of what that color means. This color definition may be uniquely yours. For example, another intuitive I know sees pink when a client is in love, not when they need more self love. Another person may see black when a person is very wealthy not when they are stressed out. This is what makes intuition so subjective. There is no one answer.
I invite you to scan your own energy and 'see' the color(s) prominent in your vibration right now. To do this:
- Take a few deep breaths and close your eyes
- Ask yourself, "What colors are in my vibration right now? Where are they?"
- Trust your very first impression and notice how you receive that information. Also see if you notice where those colors seem to be. For example, you may perceive red around your entire body or black around your stomach.
- Ask yourself, "What do these colors mean?" Trust your very first impression. You may feel an emotion, have a knowing, or even see an image or hear a sound. If you're unsure what the color means, ask yourself what the color normally represent to you.
- Take a few deep breaths again and say, "I ask my Soul and Spirit to download the color that's in my highest and best interest into my vibration right now." Trust your first impression when you receive that color. Imagine that with every breath you take that color is filling your body head to toe and radiating through you. Just sit in the energy of this color for a minute and notice what other insights come to your awareness.
This exercise can be used to look at the colors of other people, physical locations, and even specific issues and situations. If you are experiencing a challenging situation right now I invite you to:
- Take a few deep breaths and close your eyes and think about that challenging situation.
- Ask yourself, "What colors are in the vibration of this situation right now? What are they connected to?"
- Again, trust your very first impression. You may also receive more intuitive information in how you feel physically or emotionally. .
- Ask yourself, "What do these colors mean?" As before, trust your very first impression. If you're unsure what the color means, ask yourself what the color normally represents to you.
- Take a few deep breaths again and say, "I ask my Soul and Spirit to download the colors that are in the highest and best interest of all parties involved in this situation that will manifest the highest and best outcome for all right now." Trust your first impression as you receive insights of what colors are needed in that situation. Imagine that with every breath you take that challenging situation is being surrounded in a circle of light. In that circle of light the color you received is filling the circle in liquid light. Imagine the situation being healed and the energy reset for you and all other parties involved. All you have to do is breathe. Notice what other insights come to your awareness.
Using your intuition to perceive 'hidden' color is an extremely useful tool for everyone. By tuning into the color of a stressful situation or a physical space you engage your intuition to receive deeper insights about what is truly happening. You also have the ability download healing vibrations to reset energy and receive miracles and blessings. You may even wear clothes and/or jewelry that have the healing colors that you received during the above exercises--this is another way to receive the healing energy throughout your day. I invite you to keep playing with color and creating your dictionary of what specific colors mean to you. The more that you do, the more you will strengthen your intuition.
If you'd like more intuitive tips, tools, and links to healing exercises and guided meditations be sure to join my mailing list where I send out bi-weekly posts to help you strengthen your divine connection and manifest what you desire.